Clear and radiant skin can get attention anytime, even with no makeup. If you have acne-prone skin, you probably know the pain of getting those bouts of sudden eruptions. Of course, there are creams, ointments and skin treatments that can help with acne, but a few hacks often come handy, especially if you aren’t keen on using new products on the skin. Next time you get a big pimple on your pretty check, these are the five hacks you can surely try.
- Take a small ice cube inside a piece of cloth and dab it on the pimple(s). If the eruption isn’t extreme, the ice will help in soothing the skin and reducing the visible swelling. Try to hold the ice around the area for at least a few seconds and repeat the same procedure for five minutes. In all likeliness, the pimples will vanish in a day or two.
- A mixture of lemon and honey works wonders on pimple-prone skin. Just mix a few drops of lemon juice in a teaspoon of honey and use it all over the face. The citric acid in lemon will kill the bacteria, while honey will nourish the skin. Honey is also known to be a natural antiseptic and can really even out the skin with regular use. Do not use lemon juice daily though.
- If you don’t have anything at hand, just use some toothpaste on each pimple. Yes, you read that right! Do not use the gel based toothpastes, but look for the regular white brands. You can dab the toothpaste on the pimples and leave overnight, before rinsing off the next day. Usually, the pimples will subside within two days.
- Cucumber is also a great choice to reduce pimples. The cooling effect of cucumber will tone down the pimples and make them less visible. To use this hack, just grate some cucumber and apply the juice on the affected areas. You can also use the grated cucumber directly on the face for thirty minutes. If possible, try to sleep with the juice on the entire face.
- Just when pimples start to appear in an area, take a session of steam. Steam is often used in beauty treatments and can heal and soothe the skin. Also, it works wonders for tightening the skin. However, experts from beauty schools like Bronwyn Conroy suggest not to take steam on a daily basis.
Which hack have you tried?